Expert Textures Course
Would you love to know the tips, tricks and techniques for making perfect cakes every time?
Want your cakes to stand out from the crowd?
In this jam packed course, you will learn how to create and combine a range of contemporary textured cake techniques.
· 15 videos with over 5 ½ hours of tuition
· Access anywhere on all devices
· Detailed close-up demonstrations
· How to prepare the sugar paste to achieve the different effects
· Create multiple techniques with minimal special equipment
· Textures such as marble, granite, crackles, brushed and beaten metals etc.
· Creating embossed and stencilled tiles
· Adding details and enhancing elements with metallic lustres and paints
· Suggestions for ways to use the techniques on wedding and celebration cakes
· How to create sample boards to show your clients
· Bonus cake covering video showing how to apply some of the techniques on a real cake
· Bonus wedding cookie favours demo
· Examples of cakes that have been created using the demonstrated techniques
· Full equipment list
· Online support via Facebook group and messaging
In this section you will learn how to choose a colour scheme, how to colour and condition your sugarpaste read for working before starting to create the first, most time consuming technique.
Painting with cocoa butter onto chocolate.
Colour mixing, creating the terrazzo, covering the cake.
I’d spent time experimenting with a few different methods of creating texture but wasn’t getting the results I wanted. I love Imogen’s style of caking so had a look at her online School and realised that her online Textures course was EXACTLY what I was looking for! The course is professionally presented, extremely easy to follow, packed with loads of fantastic methods of creating texture and, best of all, has an abundance of Imogen’s warm and encouraging manner. Imogen provides lots of ideas about how the textures you create can be used and adapted on real life cakes and I love it; I’ve had some really good results so far. If you are looking to upskill and learn some brilliant, contemporary methods of creating masses of different textures then buy this course – you will not be disappointed. xx
Kim Plummer @brighttreecakes
I love the pictorial! It's very clear, good quality images and detailed instructions. I wanted to learn how to do the terrazzo technique although I also thought the price was excellent. Lots of techniques covered including basic skills such as covering a cake with fondant for those who are more beginners.
I also was pleasantly surprised to find that other techniques were covered eg the velvet spray and using textured fondant. I already use the latter technique but not the spray.
Sue Nutall @daisymollyandme